Laoag Church is a chapel of wood and thatch built on this site when the Augustinian Friars founded the parish in 1508. Then replaced by this church of Italian Renaissance, the foundation laid in 1612. Looted by Chieftain Almazan who took possession of Virgin Mary's crown and proclaimed himself king in 1661. Church of Laoag was damaged by fire in 1843 and repaired by Obras Publicas under Engineer Antonio dela Camara and Fray Santiago Muniz in 1873 up to 1880. The Laoag was then oocupied by revolutionists in 1898 by American forces by 1899. The Laoag Church ownership was contested by Aglipayans in 1901. Scene 0f DIocesan Marian COngress in 1932 and 1949.
Mount Pico de Loro in Maragondon, Cavite is one of the ancient volcanic features of Bataan Arc. Pico de Loro was first named by Spanish sea-farers which means "Parrot's Beak" as its pointed summit resembles the shape of a parrot's beak from afar and it is commonly used as a signal by sea-farers to turn east to get to Manila Bay.
Patapat Bridge in Northern Luzon
The Patapat Viaduct is a viaduct at the municipality of Pagudpud, Ilocos Norte, a coastal resort town on the northernmost tip of Luzon Island in the Philippines.
The bridge is elevated 31 meters over sea level, is 1.3 km concrete coastal bridge that connects the Maharlika Highway from Laoag, Ilocos Norte to the Cagayan Valley Region. It is an elevated concrete highway constructed along winding mountainside in the northernmost section of Ilocos Norte. Pres. Marcos ordered the construction of this bridge to solve the problem of landslides in the area which have caused so many vehicular accidents in the past. Footed on the rocky seashore just several meters from the mountain side it gives motorists a spectacular view of Pasaleng Bay.