Church of San Fernando, La Union. The Chapel is made of stone and thatched erected on 1764 by Fr Francisco Romero and Santiago Holarte at Barrio San Vicente formerly known as Pindangan after which San Fernando was first called. The Church was moved to Tanque, then to Kabaroan and afterwards to its present site where it was built of stone and brick by Fr Juan Sorolla, Simon Guillermo and Pedro Fernando on 1773 to 1786. It was damaged by earthquake on 1892 and occupied by revolutionists under Col Blas Villamor on 1898 when they overwhelmed the Spanish forces that sought shelter therein. The church was then destroyed during the Liberation on February 26, 1945 and reconstructed by the residents through the efforts of Bishop Santiago Sancho on 1947 to 1949.