Search This Blog

Mactan Cebu International Airport

Mactan-Cebu International Airport (Filipino: Paliparang Pandaigdig ng Mactan-Cebu, Cebuano: Tugpahanang Pangkalibutanon sa Mactan-Sugbo) (IATA: CEB, ICAO: RPVM) is a major international airport in the Visayas region of the Philippines. It is located in Lapu-Lapu City, Mactan Island, Metro Cebu and is the country's second primary gateway. The airport is managed by the Mactan-Cebu International Airport Authority.

The airport has a large apron, a single 3,300 meter runway, and a taxiway. The terminal building incorporates both domestic and international wings with a combined capacity for 4.5 million passengers. The airport covers an area of 797 hectares.

Mactan-Cebu International Airport is a major trade center in the south for both domestic and international traffic. Its traffic is continually increasing and is now serving 602 commercial flights weekly transporting 10,223 passengers daily. Narrow-bodied aircraft such as A319, A320, A321, B737, and wide-bodied aircraft such A300, A330, A340, B777 and B747 have been introduced in international flights to Mactan and in the domestic trunk routes.

Mactan-Cebu International Airport reported recently an average of 161 daily aircraft operations such as landings and take-offs. About 54% of the flight operations at Mactan-Cebu International Airport are commercial carriers while the remaining 46% are military aircraft and general aviation operations.

Over the last fifteen years, Mactan-Cebu International Airport’s passenger traffic has grown at an annual average of 21% for International while the domestic grew at an annual average of 5%. Mactan-Cebu International Airport is currently served by fourteen passenger airlines and three cargo airlines.

Career in Travel Industry Anywhere in the World

The Ultimate Guide to Philippines Travel